An unregistered gas fitter has received a nine month suspended prison sentence for illegally carrying out sub-standard gas work at establishments in South wales. Gas Safe inspectors found a number of safety defects with the gas appliances installed, including pipework being connected in a way that could have resulted in a serious gas leak if not rectified.
The unregistered engineers had been a multiple offender and had been previously warned of his illegal activity. After his hearing, HSE Inspector, Sara Joanne Carter, said; "Every year there are fires; explosions and people are killed by carbon monoxide poisoning as a direct threat of gas appliances being improperly installed or maintenance In order to prevent such incidents, it is fundamental requirement that anyone who worked on gas appliances is competent to do so."
At Harmony Business we understand the importance of Gas Safety, and as a result all of our engineers are Gas Safe Registered. This means that they are all qualified to work on gas appliances So you if have any gas equipment or any maintenance issues always ensure you use a gas safe register.
Contact us for more details, or visit GasSafeRegister.co.uk